Vāsifika Our Autism Journeys
Pasifika families living with autism share their lessons, hopes and dreams of awareness and acceptance. This book is an open invite to connect, to talanoa, to strengthen the vā with those living with autism.
Points of interest:
- The first book in the world that captures the stories of Pasifika
Families living with autism.
- The twelve contributing authors include an autistic child and
teen, an educator who teaches neurodiverse children, as well
as parents and grandparents of children of the spectrum.
- Pasifika backgrounds of families include Samoan, Tongan,
Tokelau, Niuean, Cook Islander.
- Includes key tips or lessons from contributing authors and
an extra information section on autism.
- Made with support of the Pasifika Autism Support Group
(PASG), Altogether Autism, Your Way Kia Roha and Te Pou
(the national workforce centre for mental health, addiction
and disability in New Zealand.
- Edited, illustrated, designed and published by an all Pasifika
Note: The language used to describe autism in the book reflects
the preferences of the authors and families.
Paperback, 150 x 210mm, 48pp